MCT Oil - Pure MCT Coconut Oil
- 100% pure premium MCT oil with lauric acid, harvested from coconuts. Onnit MCT Oil is sustainably sourced and contains no palm oil, the leading constituent in most MCT oils. Free of fillers, additives, and flavoring.
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a beneficial fat that's easily converted into fuel in the form of ketones, one of the brain's primary sources of energy as well as a vital source of ATP energy for the body. Onnit MCT oil is excellent for those adhering to a ketogenic diet, which utilizes fats rather than carbs for energy, a state known as ketosis. MCT oil is a perfect supplement for other low carb diets, like the Paleo diet, and for weight management support.
- Onnit MCT Oil is tasteless and odorless, making it great for smoothies, protein shakes, salad dressings, unheated sauces, and more. Not recommended for use with styrofoam or any other foam-based material.
- Great with coffee. Onnit MCT oil is a bulletproof way to turn your morning cup of Joe into a creamy, delicious source of sustained energy for the day, supporting mental focus and clarity. Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan-Friendly.
- A superior alternative to coconut oil for MCTs. Coconut oil is great, but it contains relatively small quantities of MCT's, particularly C8 (Caprylic Acid) and C10 (Capric Acid). These two forms of MCT are especially valuable because they take fewer steps to convert to caloric energy than the other saturated fat forms found in coconut oil.
Release Date: 2015-08-07
Details: Our MCT is harvested from 100% coconuts, and processed for purity. Unlike most other brands that harvest MCT's from palm oil, (a much cheaper and environmentally taxing source), by using pure coconut oil we also deliver approximately 30% Lauric Acid, an important form of MCT that acts as a slower burning fuel source. This is an excellent complement to the faster burning C8 and C10 chains (38% and 31% respectively), allowing for a longer energy curve and an optimized digestive experience. In addition, Lauric Acid is a raw source material for the production of monolaurin, a potent nutrient not often found in the normal diet. Monolaurin is actually found naturally occurring in human breast milk and is seldom found in the normal diet.