Life is essentially about balance. Anytime we lose our inner equilibrium it will automatically manifest outwardly into our physical appearance and mental/emotional state. As we head into the holiday season, balance becomes ever more important while we try to make the most out of what the season brings as well as maintain our inner health. The key is to avoid extremes and to find a midway point between lack and overindulgence - because that is where we function at our best! So how can we achieve this equilibrium? Firstly, we need to have a good set of foundations in place for our health - this means ensuring that we place it high upon our list of priorities. Creating a strong and healthy foundation means eating well at least 80% of the time, staying active, and making time for rest and recovery also. Sleep restores and regenerates us, and our well-being takes a swift downturn if we don’t allow our body and all our subtle settings to do their job.
Here are a few reminders to help you create better health and harmony - within!
1. Emotional health
Our emotional health is not something we should take for granted. Creating a solid platform for well-being means that we recognize that our emotional balance is vital to our healthier being. Our emotions are transient by nature, so when we feel happy or sad, angry or fearful, we should draw ourselves back through an inward process of reflection so we can ‘reset’. The food that we eat has a big impact on our emotional health - if we lack the correct nutrition and vitamins/minerals then we undermine our body by not giving it what it needs as well as harm ourselves in the process. Too much low-quality food and high sugar amounts, messes with our cell structure and composition, for instance, a high sugar diet may promote feelings of anxiety and digestive discomfort, which can often affect our moods.
2. Brain health and mindset
Our lifestyle bears a massive impact on our brain health and cognitive function. Lack of sleep, good nutrition, exercise, and healthy pursuits that feed our brain such as reading or spending time with other people all affect us deeply. As with our emotional health, our mental state often gets misplaced on our well-being list of priorities. Yet, it is one of the most fundamental aspects of healthy living. We should think of our mind as a muscle that is intrinsic to how we view and engage with life. Here are just a few tips on better mental health, there are many more!
- Talk about your thoughts and feelings rather than allowing them to fester and potentially cause more stress and inner conflict - using a journal can help.
- Eat plenty of ‘brain food’ such as walnuts, avocado, blueberries, broccoli, and dark chocolate…!
- Exercise with ‘mind-in-mind’- staying active helps to de-stress, improve our mood, and elevate our self-esteem.
- Drink sensibly. Alcohol builds up toxins in our bloodstream, clouds our judgment and affects our sleep quality.
3. Fiber and digestion
The gut and digestive system are our power-center of health and harmony. Eating foods that enhance the performance of our systems, means that we will absorb more nutrients from what we consume. Our gut health impacts both our mental and emotional state, so when we don’t take care of it we may suffer from more stress, inflammation, a weakened immune system, and more visible signs such as lack-luster skin and weight fluctuation. Here are a few points to be aware of:
- Include high fiber foods in your daily diets such as whole-grains, nuts and seeds, beans and pulses, and dried fruit
- Aim for at least 5 portions of fruit and veg per day: raw rather than cooked is far more beneficial as this retains more fiber and vital nutrients. (A medium-sized apple contains around 2g of fiber!)
- Include Probiotics: The word “probiotic” actually means “for life”. Probiotics sometimes called “friendly bacteria”, are beneficial microorganisms that naturally inhabit the human digestive system. You already have trillions of bacteria living in your gut – some are harmful, but many are beneficial. Keeping a balance between the good and the bad bacteria is critical to maintaining good health and preventing illness. In fact, there are 10 times more healthy bacteria in your body than there are cells!
On a daily basis, we are challenged with a multitude of things that destroy our good bacteria and threaten our health. These factors range from antibiotics, stress, sugar, alcohol, radiation (from cell phones, computers, microwaves, etc.), vaccines, medications, toxins, chemicals and heavy metals, food preservatives, farm-raised meat and dairy, and more.
The history of probiotics goes back to the start of the 20th century, when Nobel Prize winner Elie Metchnikoff, a scientist at the Pasteur Institute, was the first to theorize that consuming large amounts of good bacteria could prolong and improve the quality of life. All probiotic research started at that point. Harmony Probiotic Blend by Genesis Evo was born out of a passion for wellness and a love of probiotics. They worked closely with a pioneer in the probiotics industry, with a strong intention to create an ethical, high-quality product that would deliver results.
Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility was founded almost 40 years ago by one of the most influential probiotics scientists to date. They were an early leader in probiotics research and technology and have developed the reputation for providing exceptional products and maintaining a high standard of quality.
Here is how Harmony Probiotic Blend can help you!
Harmony Probiotic Blend is a non-GMO blend of four of the most vital probiotics needed by the body.
- Harmony Probiotic blend includes the superior DDS-1 strain of Lactobacillus acidophilus and is also gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and certified Kosher.
- It is remarkably resilient and strong enough to withstand heat and stomach acid, so no refrigeration is required.
- The development of this product has resulted in countless testimonials of improved health and wellbeing. It is a product that’s good for the entire family, as well.
- Harmony Probiotic Blend is tasteless so that the capsules can be opened and mixed into soft foods for small children.
The overall benefits of Harmony Probiotic Blend include improved digestion and absorption of nutrients, weight control, healthier skin, better mood, improved dairy digestion, detoxification, bowel health and improved regularity, relief from yeast and fungal infections, a strengthened immune system, anti-inflammatory protection and production of vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid. Probiotics are vital to longevity, vitality, and happiness.
Genesis Evo’s purpose is to help others improve their quality of life, both physically and mentally. They are devoted to delivering world-class customer service. They truly care about their customers and love interacting with them whenever possible so that they can develop long-term friendships. They also have a strong vision to educate and offer alternatives to dangerous drugs of all kinds, so that people can make more natural choices. Over 80% of the “happy” hormone serotonin is produced in the gut, so it is not uncommon for people to experience improvements in mood with the help of probiotics. Research has proven the connection between the brain and the gut, and so this can also support better brain development and behavior in children also.
“When you take care of your gut, you take care of your health. We are here to help you achieve that!” said Chris Jackson, CEO Genesis Evo.